Can’t style your hair properly in the morning? Or maybe your barber did a terrible job at the last haircut. What you need is something to cover your head, right? Fear not. A hat is for you!
Hats (or caps) come in many different shapes and sizes. There are options like the snapback, a common choice among athletes and younger people—the cowboy hat too, for cowboys in movies or if you want to dress up for Halloween.
However, none of those can match the class, and unrivaled elegance of an all-time classic like the fedora has.
Whether you’re new to the hat game or a seasoned veteran looking for the next piece of your collection, this article has exactly what you need. Read on.
What Is a Fedora?
A fedora is a kind of hat that is wide-brimmed with an indented and pitched crown. The hat has a ribbon going around it, occasionally also having a bow at the end.
Some of the most popular colors throughout time include black, gray, and brown. A popular variant of the classic design is the red bottom fedora. It boasts a red color scheme on the insides of the hat for those who want to try something different.
These men’s hat styles have been around since the 1880s and have experienced popularity surges throughout different periods of time. Nowadays, a lot of celebrities wear them too. Notable people include the likes of Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, and Justin Timberlake.
The Best Fedora Hats for Men
A fedora isn’t only for the high and mighty. You, too, can style your outfit to be just like the Michael Jackson lookalike you’ve always wanted to be. For that, you’ll need a good hat. So to help you out, here are seven of the best fedora hats for men in no particular order:
- The Stetson Cromwell Crushable Fedora – With Stetson being a well-known top-tier brand, it doesn’t get better than this.
- The Lisianthus Wide Brim Fedora – The best of both worlds between stylish and affordable, Lisianthus should definitely have your pick.
- Blues Brothers by Bruno Capelo – If versatility were a hat, this is it. Coming in an array of colors along with a feather to complete the design, you can’t go wrong here.
- The Brixton Messer II Felted Wool Fedora – This fedora offers sturdiness and quality construction like no other. A simple and elegant look combined with a quality crafted hat makes this one a great choice.
- Princeton Red Bottom Hat by Bruno Capelo– If you’re a fan of red bottom hats, then you’re in luck. One of DapperFam’s most popular choices, you’re sure to make an impression while wearing this.
- The Bailey of Hollywood Fedora – When it comes to fashion, quality and comfort is king. The Bailey of Hollywood delivers on both, making it the most comfortable fedora to wear for any amount of time.
- The Pendleton Indiana Fedora – Why is it called Indiana? You guessed it. It’s the hat worn by the great Indiana Jones himself. This is your hat if Halloween’s coming up or you just want to channel your inner Harrison Ford.
The fedora is an amazing men’s dress hat. It’s timeless, versatile, and definitely makes a statement for anyone that sports one. If you’re interested in it, you need not look any further than the list above!
With those fedora picks for all your needs, there’s no doubt you’ll be rocking it like Indiana Jones.