Digital hearing aids give users a better hearing experience with a range of handy features. Here we will discuss 5 reasons digital hearing aids are better than analog ones.
Digital hearing aids can amplify sounds selectively while reducing feedback and improving overall sound quality. These devices can automatically adjust to the surrounding environment and have directional microphones to enable users to hear better.
5 Reasons Digital Hearing Aids are Better
- Selective Sound Amplifying
Digital hearing aids can amplify sound selectively. It is easier to hear sounds through hearing aids in a quiet room. However, background noise can cause problems while you are in a crowded place.
Selective sound amplifying can be very effective in such cases. Digital hearing aids register sounds and then cancel background noise and amplify sounds that you actually want to hear. Thus the user can take part in conversations in crowded places. Digital hearing aids from reputed manufacturers like Beltone have good sound amplifying technology.
Analog hearing aids don’t have this feature. They cannot detect between background noise and actual conversation. Therefore, analog hearing aid users may not be able to participate in conversations in an effective manner.
- Minimizing Feedback
When hearing aids pick up their own output and amplify them, it causes a sheer loud noise that drowns other noise. Many hearing aid users face problems due to feedback from their devices.
Digital hearing aids have solved this problem exceptionally. Whenever digital hearing aids detect feedback, they can filter out the noise. Therefore, the users can experience a better hearing experience without sheer loud feedback.
- Improves Overall Sound Quality
Analog hearing aids often make sounds that are too mechanical. You may not catch the right tone or even the proper sound in those analog hearing aids.
Digital hearing aids produce sounds that are clearer and natural. Here the sound comes through digital programming that reduces additional noise made inside the device. Therefore, the user can experience an overall better sound quality.
- Adjust Automatically to the Surrounding Environment
Digital hearing aids are capable of adjusting volumes whenever the user enters a different environment. Some hearing aids feature multiple modes for different environments.
A hearing aid user can be in different places at different times of the day. When they are in a quiet place, they need a certain setting in their hearing aid. In a crowded place, hearing aids need to be set differently.
In analog hearing aids, users need to change settings manually. It can pose several problems and may not be discreet.
Digital hearing aids detect the user’s noise level and adjust themselves according to it. Therefore, the users don’t need to fiddle with their device every time they enter a new place.
- Directional Microphone
Analog hearing aids feature fixed microphones. While it is good when they are facing the user while talking, it makes them less aware of the sound around them.
Digital hearing aids feature directional microphones to equally pick up sound from all around. This allows the user to hear specific sounds they want to hear from all the noise around them.
This feature helps hearing aid users identify certain sounds and acknowledge voices despite background noise.
Additional Features of Digital Hearing Aids
Digital hearing aids can host additional features to help users hear more actively. Among many incredible features, some prominent ones are:
- Wireless/ Bluetooth connectivity: Most digital hearing aids nowadays feature wireless/Bluetooth connectivity features. With this feature you can connect your device to your smartphone or TV to receive sound directly to your hearing aids. It allows the user to get an overall better hearing experience.
- Digital noise reduction: Whenever digital hearing aids register noise like the humming of air condition or a projector, they reduce the sound. On the other hand speech, sounds are amplified by the program of the digital hearing aids. Both of these processes are combined within the device then a better and clearer sound is delivered to the user.
- Multiple listening modes: Digital hearing aids can host multiple hearing modes to aid users in different situations. For example, the user can go to a noisy place from a very quiet place. They can go to a stadium to watch a sport or go to the theater to see musicals. Digital hearing aids can host several modes for each scenario. An audiologist can help the hearing aid user to set the modes perfectly.
- Remote control: Some hearing aid users like to keep their disability private. So, changing modes or adjusting the volume by the hearing aid buttons may make them uncomfortable. However, digital hearing aids can help them to control the setting remotely. Some devices may come with remote control, or some you need to connect with a smartphone application.
While analog hearing aids were just a device to amplify sounds to enable you to hear, digital hearing aids are much more than that. These devices are manufactured for giving comfort and a better hearing experience to hearing loss patients.
Many hearing aid brands manufacture digital hearing aids. Among them, Nano hearing aids are one of the prominent ones. They manufacture cost-effective digital hearing aids with user-friendly features. Make sure to give them a try.